On Saturday, Brandon and I ran our first 5K. It was FREEZING! The week before, I was thinking it would be so nice to run while it was "cool" - well, it was far BEYOND "cool." We thought we were going to freeze right where we stood. The temperature was in the low 30's and the big buildings in down-town Fort Worth acted as perfect tunnels for the freezing wind.
I have always wanted to run a 5K and I was not disappointed. It was an awesome experience! Brandon and I decided we wanted to run every year and eventually work our way up to the half marathon. And no, I have NO desire to run a FULL marathon. However, I really just look forward to running when I am NOT 5 months pregnant. This picture shows me and my pregnant self after the run.
I have never had the courage to actually sign up to run, so I have to thank my good friend, Susan Thurman, for setting everything up and motivating me to do it. The pictures below show Susan and I before the run and just starting the run.
There was a whole group of us from our ward at church that formed a team to run. It was so nice to have friends and support there. Our team consisted of two pregnant women, a beginner runner, a women who just had a baby, and two supportive husbands. As you can probably guess, we didn't win any medals. But we DID have fun!
Even though I ran weekly to prepare for the race and Brandon ran ONCE, he beat me by over 10 minutes - go figure. My favorite part of the whole race was seeing him cheering for me at the end with Carrie. Then Brandon ran the last 100 yards next to me.
You know you are SLOW when you RUN the ENTIRE race and are still passing people that are WALKING during the LAST HALF MILE of the race. Granted, I did start the race a little bit late, but I was TOTALLY slow. I am SO playing the PREGNANCY card here. This is my cute husband running the race. I am so happy he decided to do it with me!
There was a whole group of us from our ward at church that formed a team to run. It was so nice to have friends and support there. Our team consisted of two pregnant women, a beginner runner, a women who just had a baby, and two supportive husbands. As you can probably guess, we didn't win any medals. But we DID have fun!
You know you are SLOW when you RUN the ENTIRE race and are still passing people that are WALKING during the LAST HALF MILE of the race. Granted, I did start the race a little bit late, but I was TOTALLY slow. I am SO playing the PREGNANCY card here. This is my cute husband running the race. I am so happy he decided to do it with me!
11 comments:
I am so awe-struck that you ran the 5K! That's really amazing, espeically while pregnant!
That is really neat you two did that together. Good job!!! How is your knee doing?
I am so amazed you ran a 5k (PREGNANT)!!! Congrats!
Nice run! How fun to want to make an annual tradition out of it. It looks like you had an awesome team. It's always fun to run with other people.
No worries Sharee- I'll still surprise you with something this year. :) I don't buy that you aren't good at it though - you're always doing nice things for others.
Emily- you ruined the surprise. I guess I'll just have to think of something else now instead of showing up.
Sharee, you just plain ROCK! Good for you Babe.
That's freaking AWESOME/AMAZING!! Looks like SO much fun!! Way to go!!!
WOW SHAREE!! Good job on the race, and doing it at 5 months pregnant is impressive. Congrats on the new baby!! I'm excited for you :)
Yeah. So not down with the 5K prego. You totally rock my friend!! And you are so beautiful.
Ya'll are AMAZING!!! Good job!
I can't believe you did this 5 months pregnant! I love it. You are my hero.
Post a Comment