Sunday, March 8, 2009

What We've Been Up To

Kyla is 15 and a half months old, but she thinks she is much older. This is what she has been up to.

Opening doors:Leading to incidents with things that are supposed to be "out of reach":LOVING her doll stroller - she zooms all over with it upstairs:
Learning to eat with a spoon, which really means holding the spoon in one hand and eating with the other hand. When she tries to use the spoon, she ends up sending food flying all over the kitchen:
Relaxing with Dad when he FINALLY gets home from work:Pointing at everything and anything - just to keep my attention centered on her:
Climbing on EVERYTHING:She then proceeds to JUMP off EVERYTHING including couches, bookshelves, window sills, and even head first out of our Home Depot shopping cart this past week - landing directly on her head on the cement floor before I could maneuver my pregnant belly around to catch her...
She has started to blink repeatedly when I pull out the camera. Since I almost always use the flash - she thinks she needs to close her eyes - making it even harder to get pictures head on:
She can now reach things by doing so many creative tricks that I have almost everything pushed to the very center of dressers, tables, counters, nightstands, etc. Just to TRY and keep them out of her reach:Drawing on the walls if she can secretly get a hold of a pen or highlighter and get out from under my vision:
Pulling as many wipes out as she possibly can if Mom or Dad forget to put the wipes out of reach:She got her third and fourth teeth - one more on top and her first one on bottom - this past week. I'd like to think that is why she has been so much work, but I think it is just because she is Brandon's daughter. I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day and trying to keep Kyla from jumping off couches to reach the end tables, keep her from rifling through the garbage can in the pantry, and pulling her down from our COUNTER-HEIGHT table that she has mastered recently and my mom said, "Sharee, I am exhausted just listening to you try and keep up with that girl!" Well said Mom!But when she is playing with my face and then puts her little cheek up to my lips so that I will give her a kiss or she runs full speed into my arms as soon as I sit on the ground to spend some time with her - it makes EVERY SINGLE SECOND of the craziness worth it a million times over.

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow, she definitely sounds busy! Kyla is definitely a cutie! Love the picture of her with the flour. :)

Heather said...

What a fun review! I love to look at all your photo's! I hope all is going well being pregnant with #2 while running around with #1! :)

Eric and Sara said...

What a cute and mischievous little girl!

Kiera said...

Good job on the 5k!! I am so impressed! I don't think I would ever do one pregnant!! Your little Kyla reminds me of my little girl!! She is always jumping off everything, getting into everything and coloring on the walls! So funny that someone else has a kid like mine!! They are so fun though aren't they!!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I LOVE all of the pictures of her climbing. That is awesome.

mandy said...

She is adorable! Good thing, too, to make up for how hard she makes you work!

Loralee said...

That little girl has got skills! I loved this post. I've got to put something together like this for my kids. Way cute!

Lisa M said...

Ditto what your Mom said. The little girl I watch can open doors and Ethan shuts and locks them. Crazy... crazy... busy!

Unknown said...

I love it and i sympathize! Sorry to say it doesn't get better, not yet anyways. call me when you get a chance I'd love to talk-303-526-6602. I'd call you but my phone was stolen and all my numbers with it. I can't believe your pregnant again, I love his name and I'm so excited for you guys. love you and miss you so much!!!!1

jamie said...

Yes we are SO down for swapping! Just let us know when ya'll would like to go and I'll make sure I'm not at work! We would love to play with Kyla!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

My FAV picture is the one of her holding herself on the dresser. I can't believe how big she is getting. She was so cute the other night.