Thursday, August 27, 2009

There and Back Again

We are back from our quick trip to Yellowstone. We flew in to Salt Lake on Tuesday and were at Yellowstone for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - then flew back to Texas on Saturday. It was not really what I expected at all, but it was beautiful. We got to about 1/4 of Yellowstone in three days - due to: last minute plans, small children, road construction, and who knows what else. We still had a great time and next time we know MUCH better what needs to happen. If anyone needs tips in the future, you know who to ask! Now, for a million pictures:
Kash's first plane ride at almost 5 weeks
Kyla and her cousin Braiden playing in a water spicket
Enjoying our first minutes in Yellowstone
My sister, Trina, and I at Kepler CascadesMy mom and I looking at geysers, LOTS of geysers - and boy do they stink
Infant geyser - get it? So clever
Old Faithful
The whole crew
Kash spent most of his time sleeping - he blew through his diaper and clothes and I didn't have any replacements... oops
The sisters (minus two)
Kash and Grandma - he was AMAZING for the whole trip
This is what happens when kids don't get their usual naps...
Camping... yes I did take my 5 week old camping - he was perfect
Grandpa let Kyla play in his truck - she LOVED that
We spent 6 + hours in the car, a day - did I mention Kyla HATES driving in the car... ya, not much fun. Lots of bribery going on; it didn't work...
Picking wild flowers for mom
Swimming at Firehole River - this turned out to be the best part of the trip!
The Grand Prismatic Spring is a must see
Free ride
My parents - it was nice to see flirting still going on after all these years
Bison
Bald Eagle
Scenery:
Cousins:
Kyla and Braiden eating snacksRachel and Kash (only one week age difference)
It was so nice to have a vacation and for Brandon to get some time away for a little while. He works so hard. For my part, I got to be with my family = a little piece of heaven.

9 comments:

erica said...

Lol Sharee, your daughter makes the funniest facial expressions. She's so adorable! Yellowstone looked BEAUTIFUL. I should go again. Last time I went during winter so I didn't see anything but tons and tons of snow. Glad to see Kash is doing well. He's so handsome!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

So fun!! I agree with the boys taking a break from work. This was the first time in a year Matt went back to Utah with me and it was AWESOME!! (It was also the longest he's ever gone with us)

Your trip looks so fun, now it is time to play.

Heather said...

What fun pictures. How awesome that you went camping 5 weeks after having a baby! I'm glad to hear that it went okay. When we went to yellow Stone 3 years ago it was SO HOT. I guess you're used to the heat living in Texas? It's always nice to see family!

MyPremierDesigns said...

okay so first your hair is totally growing out! it's only been a year and it has gotton long! those picture are GORGEOUS of yellowstone you got some great ones!!! and i remember watching a special on yellowstone and clif and i made a note to self to go there one day, how great for you! check it off your list and what a trooper for taking 2 small children...hey nice deal you got kash in a carseat on the plane!!!

Unknown said...

that looks so fun. What a great vacation. Now I can't wait to go to Mount Rushmore. I wish you guys could come with us.

Nikki said...

I loved all of the pictures. It made me want to go back for a visit myself. We spent most of our time in a cabin playing cards. I would love to try out camping there. I think that would be much more enjoyable. I'm sorry you had to do the long car ride. The first time I went we did the same thing. We covered a lot of ground, but I enjoyed walking the sulur pools the most. I'm glad you all had such a good time. See you Sunday for the blessing!

Shawntae said...

What a wonderful trip! Kash is so cute and Kyla's a knock out! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Hey...do you know Kristen Bray? I don't know her maiden name so probably not but you went to High School with her, her senior year and she'd just moved there and you befriended her(shocker). Well anyways she's in my ward here and I love her! It's been fun talking all about you but it makes me miss you!...ok and brandon but really you!

jenhatch said...

what a fun trip! I'm SO proud of you for doing it with little baby Kash! Love the little geyser! I've got one of those too. What great memories for you and awesome pictures!

Kim Gardner said...

Poyfairs! I discovered your blog! I totally have a park-crush on Yellowstone, I hope it was awesome.

And I'm totally obsessed with your kids--they're amazing.