I don't even know if you can call it a town because when my family drives into Pocatello to do any sort of shopping, they call it "going into town." So I guess where they live can be called a village?? Since my husband was, by far, going to the most exotic place between the two of us, he won out on who would take the camera. However, as you can see from the attached picture, he did not capture ANY sights. He took a total of FOUR pictures, ALL from his hotel window, and ALL of the exact same thing (from a few different angles).
That is the LAST time he takes the camera, even if he is going to the moon.However, my man had a GREAT time swimming in the turquoise ocean, playing water volleyball, and singing Karaoke - AND, after peeling profusely for the last couple of days, still has an amazing tan that I am utterly and completely jealous of. We have decided that Cancun will be one of our next vacation spots, especially considering it is only a couple hour flight from where we live.
Although I did not have a camera, I made it back with no less than a couple hundred pictures - courtesy of my brother's wonderful Nikon and my sister's Canon Elf.
though when I drove by Deseret Towers - the dorms I stayed in as a freshman AND where my man and I met AND where he proposed to me - and saw that they were all torn down. Making room for newer dorms (with not half as much character, I'm sure). Once I got to Idaho, I spent time with the cousins that I idolized as a little girl, had girl time with my mom and sisters every single day - all day, shopped, ate my favorite foods and desserts (a must when you go home), and basked in the joy that is being home. My baby
e of them together on the blanket. My sister's little boy, had a great time stealing my baby's binki to suck on himself and exploring the presence of another little person. My favorite picture of them is also attached. I also had to attach the picture of my little girl's sad face because it is just so classic. Overall, we both had a great vacation, the only sad thing, of course, was that they were not together.
8 comments:
Yes, that is why I didn't let Matt take the camera... I knew he wouldn't use it. :)
Looks like you had fun in Utah. You're not allowed to leave again though when the boys are out.
Cancun definitely sounds like a better idea. Closer and we don't have to use as much vacation time to go. Plus we could go to church in Mexico, etc. So fun!!
Let's play this weekend. I may have Matt work on Monday if we don't come up with anything to do because he is behind on his goal. We'll see. It's nice to have it as a floating holiday- they usually don't give you the option for Memorial Day but they are because of the off sight. Anyway- I hope we do something fun!!!
Karin
Looks like you had fun! family time is so much fun! and even more precious when they dont live close to you.
Awww, all the little cousins get to meet for the first time. They're going to be buds like we are. I still can't get over how each of your guys' kids really is a visual blend of the parents. I can see you, Camille, and Brian in each of your kids. Love the pictures!
So fun! And, I also get depressed everytime I drive by what was once known as "Deseret Towers". Seriously. And my Brandon doesn't understand the memories that I had there, so I am so glad you and your Brandon have SO many memories there :-).
And, so you have a niece and nephew? Does that mean that Brian AND Camille have both had children?
Whoa.
I'm glad you got so many cute pictures! (even without a camera!)It was so great seeing you, I can't wait till you get to come again!
so glad you were able to go home and get a break! It's got to be one of the sweetest things to see your parents and siblings play and interact with your kids! I love it myself.
I'd love to meet you at the pool too, anytime. That would be fun! And it sounds like you need to get out and get that tan going so you can show up Brandon's - especially since he's in the office all day at work! :)
trevor and I have been planning a Cancun trip for the last two years. Trevor wants it to be kidless or bring a nanny. SO I told him it had to wait for me to stop nursing. Now that I have done that it has to wait till we go on our trip to hawaii in october. So we checked out airfare and have decided that by spring I will feel skinny enough and have saved enough to do it. When we decide for sure when we will let you know and see if you want to come then to. Next spring for sure. Love this post it made Trevor and I laugh.
I'm so far behind and haven't had a chance to comment on all of your great blogs!! But don't worry, I have read them all and I really love seeing when you’ve posted something new. My very first thought when I saw THE picture Brandon took in Cancun was, "Omigosh...he stayed in OUR hotel." I guess I'm a bit possessive of that hotel because it's where Jared and I stayed on our honeymoon. It is lovely and I’m sure he had a great time. But it looks like you had so much fun too! Isn’t it great to go home? I get to go home in July and I can’t wait!! And Kyla is just too adorable. I won’t comment on all of your blogs…but can I just tell you how much I love her 6 month pictures and the pictures of her swimming. She is going to break so many hearts. :-) All the boys are going to be in love with her!!
Post a Comment