Last Friday we went up to Ray Roberts Lake with our ward and our baby experienced one of her mother's true loves: camping. I was worried about the weather, but my husband finally made the decision that we would go anyway. I am so glad he did because the weather ended up being PERFECT.
Our little girl was also perfect and didn't fuss at all. She went right to bed and slept until 8:30 am, the last three hours in my sleeping bag with me.
My baby had two boyfriends up there with her: Miles and Parker. As you can see from the picture, Miles even held her hand.
After packing up the campsite - which my man mostly did by himself while I held the baby, because he is my manly man - we had a delicious breakfast of pancakes and bacon. It was masterminded by Susan and Spencer, our camping partners.
We finished the trip off with a walk - during which the little one promptly fell asleep. I thought that camping in Texas would be awful after hearing my husband's stories of a
tarantula under his tent and picturing barren campsites with no trees. I am happy to report that I was dead wrong and apparently, if you camp in the spring or fall, it is
8 comments:
That trip looks like so much fun I am so bummed that I missed it. I love you hat you look way cute in it!
I'm so glad that ya'll had a great time!!! We learned at the last ward campout that that would be our last one for a while... our kids do not do good camping - which totally bummed my husband and I out because we love it. They just don't sleep well, and like to stay up all night crying... so sad! Oh well, maybe when they're older we'll try again!
It looks like you had a great time camping and I'm glad Kyla seemed to enjoy it too. That is so great that you are keeping up your hobbies after having a baby. She will grow up loving it just as much as you I hope. I love the picture of her zonked out in the stroller and how cute to see the babies hold hands! Love it!
I'm so glad you are adjusting to Texas! It looks like a lot of fun and Kyla is just precious!
How fun!! I can't wait for it to warm up here so that we can go camping!! And I'm glad that Kyla had fun too, becuase I'm sure there will be plenty more trips in the future!!
I was so bummed to not be able to go. I had to stay home and take care of a cranky baby. We will be there in the fall for sure though.
Sharee... Kyla is soo cute!
And, you look great!
How fun!! What great family memories you've created! I can't wait till I have a little family and we can go camping together. And I agree with everyone, how is it possible that you can look so good even when you're camping. Also, Kyla is so adorable. I love the picture of her sleeping in the tent with her little fist up by her face and you're looking at her so tenderly. That is definitely the perfect picture!
Post a Comment