Thursday, August 21, 2008

Green Wood

I just got back from visiting my BFF. I wanted to post old pictures of us and then realized that most of the millions of pictures that I have with her were pre-digital camera era and I don't have a scanner... yet. So what I do have is one from 5 years ago when we were still single and heading out for a weekend night with our sisters and one from right after I got married and she got home from her mission.
We were inseparable through high school and the summers when I would come home from college. One of my old boyfriend's mothers told me, "You know Sharee, you can't marry Becca." I think she said this in response to the fact that I really didn't want to do anything without her, ever.
Anyway, I just went out to visit her and to meet her new darling baby girl, Kalea. We have had this planned since she came out when my little girl was born, nine months ago. The first day we got there, my baby and her baby were dressed as "twinners." Their names are so close that I kept mixing them up.
Some of the fun things we did were going to get our hair done without kids, eating out - with kids, which is an insane thing for me to do without Brandon, shopping (of course - but only for the babies...), some Hip Hop Abs (don't ask) and LOADS of talking. It is hard to get out to do much with two young babies. I even created my first Wii person - I think they are called Mii's? Can you tell I am not much of a gamer? I was so excited about my first Mii that I took a picture.

Isn't it glorious how you can be separated for long periods of time and when you get back together with your BFF it is like nothing has changed? I love reminiscing about all the crazy, stupid, and amazingly fun and hilarious things we did through the years. She has always been able to make me laugh. Thanks Becks, for taking such good care of me and thanks Clif for some wonderful food and for stepping in to give my baby some fatherly play time and love - isn't that just the sweetest picture?!




6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm glad you got some good girl bonding time in!

Heather said...

How fun! Best friends are so fun to be around. How neat that you both have young baby girls! So great to go through phases of life together.

Unknown said...

Geez, I didn't even know you were out town. We have got to talk more! It looks like you had a really fun time. I'm a little jealous.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I'm glad you had fun- and glad you are back. Now, let's play. How do you pronounce her name Kalea? Is it like Kaylee or Kay-leah? Kyla looks so itty-bitty in the twinner picture.

MyPremierDesigns said...

awwww sharee I love it, we did have a good time and all we got to do was talk -sorry i didn't have too many exciting things planned- we will have to do chicago one of these times. it's been wonderful having you in my life- and we are off to many more adventures in the years to come!

Bill and Aftin said...

Did you cut your hair? It sure looks like it. Post some more pics if you did, it looks really cute!