I have no idea what to think of McCain's VP choice... ahhhhh!! Could be good or bad. Why does politics have to be.... well, politics??
After reading some of the comments I've got since posting this - I want to add that from what I have read of Palin, I really like her. I am worried about whether or not she'll be able to be the key in defeating Obama due to her lack of experience. But, as a person, I am very impressed with her... I love hearing what everyone else thinks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Really? I am in love with his choice. I think she is just what he needed to give him a chance. Thinking about it, I believe she'll help him get in the white house more than Mitt would have although I would've preferred Mitt. Anyway, listening to the convention and learning more about her, I am a big fan of Palin. I think she'll help him win over a lot people that really liked Hilary and not so much Obama. I'm still not convinced they'll make it to the white house but I have hope for November again.
Can't wait to see you tonight.
Karin
I've been thinking about you and how you actually got me excited about politics this year. For some reason I've been put-off by the all the hype the candidates have been receiving.
I just didn’t want to think about it…I am a Republican, but I don’t like the policies of McCain that much. I know it’s crazy, but even I found myself being pulled into the glamour that surrounded Obama…and his eloquent and inspiring talk of change. It wasn’t until you inspired me to read more about Obama’s policies that I have become a true, full-blown critic of Obama. I will NEVER vote for him…regardless of his talent as a public speaker and crowd inspirer. I am actually so excited that Palin is McCain’s choice for VP. Yes, I think it’s risky. Yes, I think she has little experience. Yes, I think she is not well-known. But from the few things I’ve read so far, I agree with many things she stands for. I am looking forward to learning more about her experience and leadership. I think we do need young, women role models leading this country with pro-life and strong family values. I think we need leaders who are not afraid to stand up for what’s right and take a stand on ethics!
Here are some articles I’ve read recently:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/rollins.palin/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51121
Ugh! I am sick to death of politics this election season. Jason and Paul and crammed it in my face so much I want to scream! I'm actually glad Romney wasn't chosen so Jason and Paul can move on. I am interested to hear more from Palin during debates, I'd like to know more about her before I make a decision on her.
Maybe taking poly sci this semester was good idea afterall.
Amen to Ashley's comments! I'm excited about Palin too. It's strange because earlier before they announced who his running mate would be I was wondering if he would choose a woman, but had no idea who would fit the bill. I like his choice and her very conservative values (only because they match my own of course). Brett and I feel like she is the "Anti-Obama" as far as what she stands for (he is just so stinking liberal!), but she seems to have a bit of her own eloquence and charisma that might help McCain in the election. I can't wait to see what happens now! I'm not sure if they will win still, but it gives me chills to think of a woman in the white house with such strong family values.
Post a Comment