Friday, August 29, 2008
Iron Issues
I mentioned in my previous post the fiasco that occurred when trying to get blood from Kyla to test for low iron and lead in her blood. After we finally filled the vial, we walked out the door, picked up a little toy at the exit and I thought, "Thank goodness that is over!" The next day we got a phone call from one of the nurses informing me that Kyla's blood had clotted before they could run tests and yep, we had to go in again, to draw more blood. I had a little sad filling in my stomach all weekend until I took her in Monday morning. This time they took the blood through a vein and they took A LOT. At least it seemed like it to me. Thankfully, this time it worked. The conclusion: low iron. Just as I suspected, she takes after me and my mom. At least the remedy is easy - a specific vitamin once a day for 6 weeks. On a happier note, we took these pictures of her playing with her toy from the doctor's office - so I guess something good did come out of it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So...do they give out free toys?
Well thank goodness they got that figured out already! I hope it's not too hard to give her the iron supplement for the next month and a half. Those pictures are adorable! I know you said that she is skinny for her age, but I think she looks great!
aw i like her new hairstyle. glad to see her hair's getting longer. look at that cute smile! she's a charmer
Post a Comment