Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nine Months

We headed in for my baby's nine month appointment this morning after taking Brandon to work due to a flat tire on the Mustang (I highly dislike living in a neighborhood with continuous construction) this is the second flat tire in the last month - thank goodness for free flat repair from Discount Tire! After getting home we headed out for her appointment. As most of you know, she has been a very small baby. I felt like maybe, just maybe, she had bulked up some from her 6 month weight - when she was in the 10th percentile - since she feels heavier and eats pretty much continuously. I was convinced that I could see her legs and tummy getting chubbier. Well, I was wrong. She is weighing in at 16 pounds - putting her in the 5 - 10th percentile for a nine month old girl. I am going to start feeding her ice cream and cookies.

She had to get shots - which I consider myself a pro at now - I don't even cry. She also had to get pricked to test for lead and iron in her blood. Since my mom is anemic and I have been turned away numerous times from giving blood due to low iron levels, I am very interested in this test. Three pricks, a lot of squeezing, a warm diaper strapped to her foot, and about 15 minutes of taking out my heart and stomping on it, later, we finally filled up the two vials with blood. THANK GOODNESS that is over! My little girl is such a champ! She has been a trooper all day - no fussiness - and has completely forgiven me for holding her down while big tears spilled out of her precious little eyes.

5 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I HATE that iron test. Sienna isn't a good bleeder so it is always torcher. 9 months, that is crazy but so fun. Time flies- I am freaking out that Sadie is already 5.5 weeks. Before I know it Sienna will be 2.

Good to have you back. Let's play.

Karin

Lisa M said...

Poor little baby. That is so sad to have to watch. I think all hubbies should have to take them to those appointments.

Alyssa said...

I'm sure Kyla would enjoy ice cream and cookies. :) I'm glad you both survived the iron test and shots! I can't believe she's 9 months old already!

Shannon said...

Oh, that is just awful! I'm starting to cry just thinking about it!
I can't believe she is so grown up already! Time sure does fly!

Lindsey said...

Ha! What is it with flat tires these days? I just got one last Wednesday...