Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip to Idaho and Utah

I got to go home this year for Thanksgiving. Going home is magical for me.
Kyla loved my sister, Camille. She would constantly walk over to her and hold her hands up. Camille always spoiled her and picked her up.My mom loves her grandchildren. She takes any opportunity to hold them and cuddle with them.
Kyla is normally very shy of men; that didn't discourage my dad. He worked very hard until she would let him hold her and play with her. He loves to spend time with his grandchildren.
He also always jumps on a chance to put his grandchildren to sleep - which I ALWAYS appreciate. He is a pro!
My sister, Sherlynn, is a HUGE help every time I come home. She always dresses Kyla, watches her, feeds her, etc. She is such a caring aunt.
My brother's wife, Shannon, has a little girl, Maliya who is only a few months younger than Kyla. You can see how much they look alike. They are even about the same size.
My aunt and uncle live next door so there is always a party to be had when everyone comes to visit.
We went to Provo for a few days and checked our my sister, Alisha's, apartment (notice the typical couches).
We also visited my grandparents, Kyla's great grandparents. They have 85 grandchildren and almost 30 great grandchildren. Their posterity is their joy. It was so wonderful to be able to visit them. My grandpa gave me my patriarchal blessing and sealed me in the temple.
We got to spend a few hours with "Uncle" Phil, one of Brandon's best friends from growing up and an old room mate. He was the person who introduced Brandon and I. So we owe our happiness to him!
Of course we had to make a stop at the ol' Alma Mater!! Go cougs! We did some shopping for BYU gear at the Wilk and then....
made a quick stop at The Creamery on Ninth - which has my favorite ice cream in the world: raspberry cream cheese and earnestly chocolate. MAN, I LOVE that place!

Of course, since I am extremely sentimental, we drove by where Deseret Towers (DT) used to stand. Brandon and I met while living in those dorms and he proposed to me on the field just North of them. Too bad they tore them down and all that is left is this huge grassy field. We technically first met in the Morris Center which, as you can see from the picture, is the only thing still standing.
Lastly, we drove by the Tanner building. Home of BYU's business school where both Brandon and I graduated from. You can see they have finished the new addition they have been working on. I love BYU and I love seeing my family. Like I said, magical.

10 comments:

jamie said...

Wow that addition looks really nice! Did they have the new alumni building finished???

My dermatologist is here at http://www.heritagedermatology.com/index.html and I saw Hohnadel I think. He was fine, nice, quick. I wouldn't say he is the best doctor I have ever been to but he is close and I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes!

Carmen said...

Wahoo for family pictures, I love your family. I'm so glad you are all part of my family.

Kaytie Brown said...

FUN stuff man! I'm so glad you had a "magical" time with your fam. Oh and I love that you're "extremely sentimental". I TOTALLY would've done the DT drive by.

Chrystal Wilcox said...

I don't have your email. Can you email it to me. tandcwilcox@gmail.com

MyPremierDesigns said...

oh sharee i bet you were in heaven, i know how you get with your family! your sisters look great and all grown up! what is up with that??? but yet your parents haven't aged a day!!! I bet they LOVED having kids again in the house! I am so glad you and brandon got to go what a blessing!

Kiera said...

How fun! I love visiting Utah and my family too! I am jealous!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I loved seeing the pictures of your family. I hear so much about them all and I've seen a few pictures but this was a fun post. The creamery sounds divine right now too!

partypooperspoyfair said...

Your grandparents have 85 grandchildren? How is that possible? How many children did they have?

Ashley said...

Your hair look so cute short!! I especially love it short and curly :)I can't believe how grown up your sisters are now!! Wow time does crazy things to us.

Loralee said...

Wow. I absolutely love that your grandparents have almost 30 great grandchildren. I would LOVE that. It is so neat that your Grandpa was able to seal you in the temple. What a great posterity. That is so neat.