Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Craziness

I know this is really late, but I am finally catching everything up. In early December, Kyla was invited to a special breakfast party with friends. Santa was even there! This picture shows exactly how Kyla felt about that...Christmas week was spent with the Poyfair side this year. It was FULL of activities. One of my favorite activities turned out to be one of the ones I had been most nervous about: caroling to my neighbors. It seemed that the whole neighborhood came out to see what was going on as our group made its way down the street. Everyone was smiling and waving.
Then we had the traditional white elephant gift exchange and Kyla got a stuffed dog in a kennel. She LOVES it and it is the closest thing she will ever have to an actual dog...We had Brandon's whole family over since we hosted the Christmas Eve festivities.Christmas morning was really laid back. In fact, a little TOO laid back for my taste. This picture shows what Brandon and Kyla were doing until after 9:00 in the morning. First of all, Kyla NEVER sleeps in that much, and second of all, I CANNOT sleep in that late. I wandered around the house trying to think of something productive to do and came up with nothing...We had Brandon's parents and Grandma here to spend Christmas morning with. It was so much fun to have them with us. I just wished I had planned a little better. I guess I have a lot of work to do before I can officially do Christmas the way it should be done. Kyla had almost NO interest in opening presents. We kept having to beg her to open more. However, when she opened this book she promptly sat in Brandon's lap so that he would read it to her.
Later on Christmas day, we headed down to Brandon's brother's house for a Poyfair talent show. No Poyfair "get together" is complete without a talent show. Brandon show-cased some of his dancing moves and really got everyone rocking out. It was pretty funny (see previous post).
Then the grandkids opened presents from Brandon's parents. As you can see, these kids are REALLY spoiled by their grandparents!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow-that is a lot of presents. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Heather said...

Isn't if fun to post about Christmas and go back and reminisce though all your photo's. Thanks for sharing it looks like you had a god time.

Side note: I had a dream last night with you and Brandon in. I must have looked at your blog lately to be thinking about you. Anyway I miss you and hope things are going well.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

It's never too late for pictures. Love them.

Unknown said...

Wasn't Christmas the BEST! Don't you wish we did this every year!

Please note the sarcasm is my tone

Sarah Anne said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Glad you had a nice Christmas. How fun to be able to spend time with family.

erica said...

Looks like y'all had a ton of fun! I love the picture of Brandon reading to Kyla, partly because he's wearing a twg shirt. lol.

Kaytie Brown said...

I love the pic of Kyla and Santa cause that's exactly what Davin would've looked like too.

Nathan and Katie said...

Hey Sharee! I'm so glad you found us! Nathan and I have been reading your blog so we can stay updated on what you, Brandon, and Kyla are up to! She has gotten so big since the last time we saw her! My how time flies! We all need to get together for dinner soon! Hope the Poyfairs are doing well!

Brandon and Erica said...

I love the picture of Kyla on Brandon's lap on Christmas Eve. She has a little black shirt wrap on :-). So sassy!