Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Announcing $Kash$ Brandon

Baby Kash has arrived! Born: 7:59 am on July 9thWeight: 8 pounds 2 ounces - same as Kyla, exactlyLength: 20 3/4 inchesIt all happened very fast - I was in shock, but we still got these pictures within a half an hour of arrival. Notice: no IV in the above and below photos - even though I am still in the delivery room - to be explained in the birth story...
First family picture - yes, Kyla is trying to chew on her shoe... lovelyGiving some sister-love
Brandon's parents drove up immediately (with no notice) to help with Kyla while I was in the hospitalWe could never have done it without them - they were a huge blessing - it makes me tear up just thinking about everything they did so Brandon could be with me. Kyla loved her time with Grandma and Grandpa Poyfair.Kash is the sweetest baby - I don't deserve himI cannot get enough time just holding him
My parents got here the day after I got home from the hospital - it is the best thing in the world having them here. I honestly have no idea how I would be making it this first week without them since Brandon is already back at work and Kyla is still a very busy 20 month-old who is adjusting to sharing her mom. Kyla is kept constantly busy by her Grandma and Grandpa Topham and Aunt Sherlynn. She is having a blast!
My daddy with my baby boy
My beautiful mom
Lucky for me, one of my sisters got to come too - although I wish all of my siblings could have come
As I mentioned, Kyla is learning how to deal with sharing her parents attention - it is not always easy, but she is doing really well. She is still the little princess in this house! I really appreciate all of my friends who have offered to help with her. A special thanks to Alyssa, who watched her for several hours the morning Kash was born before Grandma and Grandpa Poyfair got here. We called pretty early at 6:50 am and Alyssa took Kyla right away. She even did her hair in the cute pig tails you see in our first family picture at the hospital!
My two favorite boys!

Believe me, it was a pretty crazy birth story - I will get it posted (without too much detail, I promise) as soon as I can.

26 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you must have quite the birth story!! I can't wait to hear it! I'm so glad everything ultimately went okay and you have your beautiful baby boy with you. He's perfect!

jamie said...

He is so adorable! And I'm obsessed with his name, I love it!

Carmen said...

Oh my gosh Sharee HE IS SO CUTE! I'm intrigued now to hear about the birth. I'm happy you all are safe.

Jenna said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable! I'm glad everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Sharee- you look FANTASTIC and Kash is adorable. Honestly, such a cute boy. Matt said, "he really was a cute baby. I don't think babies are that cute when they're born but he was."

I cannot wait to see you guys. I'm glad everyone and everything is going well.

Call me if you need ANYTHING!!

Love,
Karin

PS. YOU TOTALLY DESERVE HIM!!!

Eric and Sara said...

Congrats! What a cute family of four!

partypooperspoyfair said...

He is beautiful! I cant wait to meet him! by the way your bed is now in the garage waiting for you whenever you are ready.

Amy said...

He's so CUTE! Congrats!

caseytanner said...

congratulations Brandon and Sharee, what a good looking kid.

mandy said...

He is so cute and you look fantastic! Congratulations!!

Alyssa said...

He is seriously such a cute baby boy! Enjoy the newborn sleepy baby. And don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Kiera said...

He is adorable! How exciting to finally have him here! I can't believe you had him 15 minutes after you got to the hospital!! Wow! That must have hurt! I can't wait to hear the whole story!!! You look great! I never look that good after having a baby!

erica said...

AHHH I can't believe he's here! Congratulations! He looks adorable :)

Chelsey said...

He is as beautiful as Kyla! You guys have such a cute little family and you look incredible for just giving birth!! I'm glad everything went well and I can't wait to hear the story:)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations Sharee!! I'm so glad to hear that Kash is here and that he came so quickly (I think)! He is a beautiful baby boy and looks awfully perfect for being such a newborn. Good luck with the two kiddos so close. There will be lots of hard times and lots of easier times having them 20 months apart, but I think you will love it!

Heather said...

Congratulations Sharee! How fun to have a growing family! I'm getting baby hungry already. I'm so happy both of your parents (yours and Brandon's) were able to be there to help out. I too am looking forward to this birth story.

Nathan and Katie said...

What an adorable little boy!! Congrats to all 3 of you!!!

Shannon said...

HOORAY! I am so excited to see these pictures! They are so precious! I love them! I wish I could be there and hold him! Congratulations!

Patricia said...

sharee! that's great! kash is going to be a babe.

Lisa M said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to here the birth story! He is so handsome.

Kaytie Brown said...

YAY!!!! We are ecstatic for you guys!! What a SWEET SO CUTE baby boy!!! I'm dealing with some serious jealousy that you get to carry your baby boy OUT of you your belly though :) I can't wait for Brennan to come out so they can be little buddies!

Ashley said...

YAY!!! Congratulations on your new addition to the family. He is ADORABLE, and I love the name Cash. I'm so happy for you.

Bill and Aftin said...

He is so adorable! I am interested in what happened...I am happy that it all seemed to turn out well.

jenhatch said...

he is one handsome little man! I am so excited for ya'll!! I heard it all went down in 15 minutes!! I am SOOO jealous! But you totally deserve it after what you went through with Kyla.

Congrats!! Can't wait to hear it all play by play!

MyPremierDesigns said...

whatever girl you deserve him! he is a doll baby congrats! you look great too! we are hoping to come out and see you!!!!

Bryan and Allie said...

Sharee, I found your blog from Karins. Kash is absolutely adorable and we are so happy for your growing family! Congratulations!