Monday, March 24, 2008

Red Red Wine You Make Me Feel So Fine




Saturday, after mowing the lawn, and doing some work around the house, we had several different plans we were contemplating between and then decided to cancel all of them and stay home to spend the evening together and... PAINT THE UPSTAIRS FAMILY ROOM! YAY! We decided instead of going to dinner and miniature golfing with friends, we would use the money to buy the paint and brushes. We had our weekly date to Costco (like my mom and dad used to do) and then bought paint (Red Red Wine, Behr paint from Home Depot - thanks Carmen for the introduction to that color), rented a nice PG movie (August Rush) and started. It is crazy how long ONE wall will take. We only did an accent wall and it still took at least four hours. I am SO happy with it; my husband was very nervous to do red - but he is very happy too. We are now obsessed and want to do the downstairs living room right away as well. I am attaching before and after pictures. The before picture was taken right after we moved here in August 2007 and the after picture was taken yesterday - and yes... we still do not have pictures...

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love it! It really makes the room look more cozy and complete. You really have a knack for design Sharee. Will you help me with my house someday?!

Curt Hostetler said...

Oohh, how fun! I got my painting fix fulfilled by painting an accent wall in Lane's room this weekend (I put a pic on the blog). That red color really adds to the room. Great job!

Curt Hostetler said...

Oh, crap, I'm posting as Curt....It's actually Carmen...

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That is awesome. I am glad Brandon gave into the Red because it looks great. That is funny that you ended up painting because we picked up a lot of paint samples over the weekend. We'll see what comes from it. I have this room I really want to put together for the girls but it will cost a pretty penny so I'm trying to hold off on other things and find a way to save $ doing. Anyway, the room looks really nice. I love that color.

Karin

Unknown said...

It looks so good!!! WOW!! It really brings life to the room!

Heather said...

Love the red paint!! I've always wanted a red room!

Ashley said...

I can't wait until I have a house with walls to paint. You'll have to give me suggestions on colors. I also would have been apprehensive with paint called, "Red Wine" but it looks great!!