Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Basketball Season....

Basketball is life here. I don't think anything gets my man more excited. From fall until early summer I lose him in the evenings to the black hole that is fantasy basketball and nba.com. Unfortunately, basketball also controls his mood - he is happy when his team or fantasy players do well and when they don't... I hole myself up in my room with a good book. When he exclaims, "Guess what Babe?!" I get excited for a second, thinking he will have something wonderful to say, then I crash back to reality and realize he is going to give me some new fact or stat about a basketball team or player... I mean, I love basketball. It is my favorite sport and I've played it throughout my life; but honestly, I will never understand that level of devotion.

6 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I'm just laughing. Well, you're more than welcome over here anytime while he is catching up on basketball. Or, you could have him come over here and the boys could watch basketball while we do something else.

Karin

jenhatch said...

I totally know all about this "black hole" that you speak of. Shayne enters the same one. And I will never understand it myself... but I do get into March Madness, so I join him for these few short weeks.

So fun that you have a blog too! There are a few more of us in the ward that do too. Hope it doesn't wierd you out that I found you through facebook - through Jenn Gee.

And by the way, just saw the red wall - and LOVE it!

Patricia said...

let brandon know that that director also offers acting classes. his dreams can come true in a few short weeks...

Unknown said...

Hey you! So glad you found me. I keep thinking "I need to email Sharee" then I never do. So good you are on the ball more than me! We went to Dinosaur Valley State Park. We didn't stay the night, just went for the day. It was perfect. Hopefully, I'll see you at book club.

nateandalliewilcox said...

Sharee,
How fun to see your cute family!!! I am also a big fan of the red living room. You picked a perfect red. As for fantacy basketball...I'd rather blog!
Allie Wilcox

Brandon and Erica said...

That is hilarious! I will never understand men.
My Brandon gets lost during BYU Football season. And, I came from a family of girls, so I'm sure you can tell how much I know about sports.
Yeah, poor guy.

And, just for the record: Kyla is SOO cute!