What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was finishing my freshman year of high school and getting ready to take the written test to get my driving permit. I was playing softball on my high school team and LOVIN life. I had a crush on Jason Watson (I don’t really know what I was thinking…) and my best friends were Becca, Sarah, Casey, Jamie, and Shayna. It was the best time of the year in
.5 Things on my to do list today:
1. Go on a jog
2. Do some laundry
3. Finish some people’s taxes
4. Email my sister on her mission
5. Write in my journal
3 Bad Habits
1. Eating lots of dessert
2. Procrastinating hard things
3. Trying to be in control of everything (micro managing)
If I were suddenly a billionaire?
Oh boy, this is something I wished a million times. Hmm… I would buy my dream home and pay it off (wherever I wanted since my man could retire!); decorate to my heart’s content; landscape – complete with a food garden; set up 6 college funds (for my little girl and each of our future children); go to Europe (for me) and a safari to Africa (for my husband); hire a healthy cook so I would not have to make an effort to eat healthy; SHOPPING – but not just once, over and over and over again for me and for all of my five sisters, my sister-in-laws, my mother-in-law, and my mom; donate lots to BYU – our Alma Mater that we love and the LDS church; invest (of course, but there is nothing fun about dreaming about investing); oh yes, and get a year supply for us and help all our family members get their year supply.
4 Places I have lived:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5 Jobs I have had:
1. Lifeguard at Golfland Sunsplash
2. Hostess at Chevy’s
3. Office Assistant at Cooperative Personnel Services
4. Tax Associate at Deloitte
5. Tax Associate at Lunsford and Peck, CPA
5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I love even numbers, and dislike odd numbers. I eat food in two’s so that everything is even. When I eat food that is rainbow colored, I always like to have one of each color left. I will not have 5 kids, even though that seems like a good number, just because it is an odd number. My little girl was born on November 20th around 11:30 pm and I pushed like crazy so that she would not be born on the 21st (once again, an odd number and sorry if that was too much detail).
2. I LOVE camping, backpacking, hiking, bonfires, and basically anything that requires getting dirty, tan, and being outdoors. This is why I also like mowing the lawn.
3. I have had a lifelong dream of traveling the world.
4. I have wanted to pick up cycling since I was in high school. We lived near a Del Webb retirement community and I always saw the retired people cycling in their teams wearing neon colors around the city. I don’t know if it is because I had this romantic idea of growing old with a man and cycling together – but I have wanted to cycle ever since. Maybe it is the spandex….
5. In high school I played basketball, softball, volleyball, and I ran cross country and track. In college I played intramural basketball, softball, soccer, and flag football. I LOVE to play sports ridiculously much and have been heart broken since I left BYU and found that there are not many opportunities for women to play sports after college.
I now tag Ashley (both of them), Lindsey, Aftin, Chelsey, Shawntae, Patricia, Heather, Jayne, Sara, and Shannon (everyone else has probably already done it)
5 comments:
So November is an odd month...lol...maybe you should have held her IN until December 2nd! And I totally do the same thing with rainbow candy, especially skittles, and I like to count out the letters in words until they end on the tenth finger. Sometimes I do it with entire sentences. Lol! I'm slightly OCD I think, can you tell? Let me know if you want to take tennis lessons with me! They are the easiest thing to do without a whole team...of course it'll have to wait until baby 2 pops out of my belly...but I did a couple of rounds last year and it was really fun!
i am in shock right now. not that i made your list of best friends from 10 years ago,(thank you :) ) but that under your list of 5 things people don't know about me, your first item about the even numbers, that's EXACTLY what Jenna does. you can read her own entry that she wrote like 6 months ago: http://candjtanner.blogspot.com/2007/11/tagged.html
I prefer even numbers too...then I married Matt on the 19th (it was planned for the 18th originally), had Sienna on the 21st, and so on. I've had to change. I always have to have the same amount of each color of candy left too. Especially skittles like Jamie.
Anyway, fun stuff. I'll do any intermural sports with you after I am not pregnant. We could find different teams.
I think we really need to go camping, etc. We love it but have never been since we've been married.
Karin
I'll travel around the world with you! That sounds like a grand adventure. I'm not sporty but definitly outdoorsy. Fun to read about you!
I'm an even numbers person too, and just about told the doctor NO when he wanted to set up Nolan's induction date on the 11th. I even asked him if we could do it the day before or the day after. He must of thought I was completely looney... When I eat in rainbows I also leave one color of each left.
And to #4, it IS the spandex! ;)
Post a Comment