I have wanted to do themed costumes for several years and have never had the time to get anything together. I was determined that I would make the time this year. Now I am determined that it will be the first and last time I try to make all of our costumes... probably because I only gave myself two weeks to sew three costumes, without patterns. I had decided that I wanted Kyla to be Pebbles Flintstone about 10 months ago.
I didn't see how that would be too hard. But when we got an invitation to a friend's Halloween party, I decided to make it a family affair and make Brandon and I some costumes too. After many hours of sewing, I finished the last costume only a little bit before it was time to head out for trick or treating. I finished Brandon's first so that he could wear it to work. I think it turned out to be my favorite.
Kyla made it to about four houses before we gave up, well, mostly Daddy gave up and, of course, Kyla could care less since she didn't even get to eat any of her candy. I still got some cute shots of her grabbing the candy though. She is not even a year old, but already knows what to do!
Wilma's costume was a little difficult to recreat in a modest way. Also, a red wig would have really topped it off perfectly, but it just wasn't going to happen.... at least I got my themed Halloween finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Those costumes look GREAT! I'm totally impressed. It must be those sewing classes paying off!
You three looked SO SO SO cute. I can't believe you made them! They looked fabulous! Pebbles stole the show.
WOW!! love the outfits! you made those!! they look amazing!!! you got some talent!!
Sharee - that is awesome. I am very impressed.
So cute!!! I have two red wigs! I would have sent you one!! Let me know if you ever need a wig. We have a lot.
Post a Comment