As mentioned in my previous post, we are HUGE super hero fans and last night Brandon and I got to go see Batman - The Dark Knight in the theater, courtesy of Brandon's work. It was AWESOME! I had heard rave reviews of Heath Ledger's performance as Joker, and we would have to agree. Brandon thinks he made the movie. He is always impressed with a good "bad guy." Though it was kind of sad for me to watch it, knowing that he is no longer alive.
My confession is that I have a "movie star crush" on Christian Bale, and it is not even because I think he is super good looking - he is just so, I don't know, manly, I guess. You probably think that it started with Batman Begins, but it didn't! While we were living in Utah we watched "Equilibrium," edited by Clean Flicks, and my crush was born. Apparently, I have very poor taste in movies because "Equilibrium" tanked in theaters.
A special thanks to Alyssa and Ted Olsen, our neighbors down the street, for watching our baby so that we could go. That was the first time Brandon and I have gone out on a "date" since she was born. I kept my phone on my lap and checked it every 15 minutes in case they called us to tell us something was wrong. However, everything went great!
A special thanks to Alyssa and Ted Olsen, our neighbors down the street, for watching our baby so that we could go. That was the first time Brandon and I have gone out on a "date" since she was born. I kept my phone on my lap and checked it every 15 minutes in case they called us to tell us something was wrong. However, everything went great!
8 comments:
I have been so excited for this movie to come out! Brian and I haven't seen it, yet, but Kyle did. Brian asked him how he liked it and Kyle said that he liked it but that he didn't think that I would (because it would be too dark and scary for me :) That made me really sad, cuz I realized that he was probably right!
I'm glad you had a great time! Honestly, Kyla is PERFECT so don't worry about calling when you need a sitter. I've definitely called in favors to you plenty of times. :]
And I have to agree...I really like Christian Bale as well. I will always love him from 'Little Women', but I did love in 'The Prestige' and 'Batman Begins' as well.
I've loved him since Newsies...
I am glad you liked it. We really want to see it.
This has firmed up in my mind what our next date night will be, I am excited.
I'm glad you guys got out and had fun! I am the same way, whenever I leave my boys. Checking my cell, for a call from the babysitter. They are always fine though.
love your new lay out!! way cute!
i love what you havedone with the blog, It is looking great. I jave enjoyed all of your posts
Post a Comment