We headed back down to the lake for the Fourth of July. It was quite the packed house and our little girl did not sleep too well for the first two nights/days which = very tired mommy and daddy. Despite the lack of sleep, we were able to play games and get out on the lake for most of the day Friday. Grandma P watched our baby so we could enjoy the lake together for a few hours. We went on the wave runners and the new toy Grandpa P got for the boat.
We had a wild crash and I bled from my eye (pretty sure that is one part of my body that I have never bled from), but it was a great day out in the sun - especially for me, because I wore sunblock like a good girl.
My baby got to spend some time with her cousins from around here and from Arkansas. She is a little too young to interact with other kids, but they sure interact with her. Mostly to touch her or take her binki away.
Friday evening, most of the kids took the boat out to watch fireworks over the lake, but I stayed back to put my little girl down for the night. Once she was down, I was able to enjoy the festivities out by the fire pit when everyone got back. We had some GREAT fireworks and even some sparklers. Those were my favorite when I was a kid. Fireworks are sure different now from the weak little ones we set off when I was young. I got to be a kid again and wave around the extra sparklers that my husband gave me.
Saturday we went and saw "The Hulk" (thanks Grandpa P) and it was sort of our first date since our baby was born - thanks to Grandma P who volunteered to watch her. However, it was with the whole family, so an official date is yet to come. That was the first time I've been to the movie theater in over a year.
I loved the movie. I don't know what it is, but Super Hero movies are always a favorite in this household. My man also got to improve his water skiing abilities on Saturday and play with his nephews. He had a great time with his family. After struggling with the little one's sleep habits all weekend, it was a relief to get her back in her own crib. But it was a really yummy and fun filled Fourth!
9 comments:
looks like a lot fun!!! i love the water. hope your eye is okay.
Sparklers are my favorite too. Kyla sure is growing up fast...I love to see these pictures of her.
I'm starting to not like the fact that Brandon has family close by. They keep stealing you guys for the holidays and long weekends. :) I hope you had fun! I'm so jealous of all the boating. That is what my fam was doing too. Next time I go to Utah I am going boating, even if it is December!!!
Karin
Glad you had a fun 4th! And I'm definitely jealous that y'all had sparklers...they're one of my faves too. :)
Oh, my gosh, your eye! That is pretty crazy. You'll have to tell me how that happened. I am very jealous of your lake trip. It sounds like so much fun. I am glad you guys got out to a movie too!
Happy Fourth of July!! Your vacation sounds like it was a blast!! I love the summertime!!
What a perfect way to spent the Fourth! I wish that I was wakeboarding.
What a fun 4th! It sounds like it was a bit hectic (I mean crowded), but you made it work! I'm amazed at how flexible and adaptive you are. Those are qualities that really make for a peaceful home and a happy family. I hope I can be like that one day!
Sounds like you had a fun fourth despite the crowded accomodations. I hope Kyla is back on schedule and please do post or e-mail the story about bleeding out your eye! Yikes!!
Post a Comment