I think it officially started with my husband, who never really recovered from the weekend of the Fourth of July. He started out thinking it was the result of his sunburn. Meanwhile, I was paranoid and kept taking my baby's temperature after we got home, just to get approx. 98.3 degrees each day. Until Tuesday. When I got my baby up from her nap, I gave her a hug and my cheek felt hot. When I took her temperature it was at 102.5. Maybe I forced it on her with all of my worrying? I freely admit to being an overprotective mother and immediately went into crazy mother mode which means: calling my mom. She has never had a fever! I should count myself lucky that she made it 7 and a half months without one, but I didn't know what to do! After alternating Tylenol and Motrin every three hours, and giving her cool baths, her temperature went back to normal after a couple days. Just about the time I picked up the cold ie. Runny nose, congestion, yucky yucky cough, and sinus headache. We got an email earlier in the week that both of my husband's parents were sick and we would soon follow. We sure did. My baby picked up my nasty cough and there is nothing more heartbreaking than waking up in the middle of the night hearing her pitiful coughs through the monitor and hoping she can continue to sleep to fight off whatever little bugs we are carrying. She HATES getting her nose wiped and my nose is chapped from all the tissues. This weekend we had plans for baby showers, basketball, and errands and instead we watched a few movies and took lots of naps to spare others from these contagious little bugs infiltrating our bodies. Gotta love a house full of sickies.
Monday, July 14, 2008
House Full of Sickies
I think it officially started with my husband, who never really recovered from the weekend of the Fourth of July. He started out thinking it was the result of his sunburn. Meanwhile, I was paranoid and kept taking my baby's temperature after we got home, just to get approx. 98.3 degrees each day. Until Tuesday. When I got my baby up from her nap, I gave her a hug and my cheek felt hot. When I took her temperature it was at 102.5. Maybe I forced it on her with all of my worrying? I freely admit to being an overprotective mother and immediately went into crazy mother mode which means: calling my mom. She has never had a fever! I should count myself lucky that she made it 7 and a half months without one, but I didn't know what to do! After alternating Tylenol and Motrin every three hours, and giving her cool baths, her temperature went back to normal after a couple days. Just about the time I picked up the cold ie. Runny nose, congestion, yucky yucky cough, and sinus headache. We got an email earlier in the week that both of my husband's parents were sick and we would soon follow. We sure did. My baby picked up my nasty cough and there is nothing more heartbreaking than waking up in the middle of the night hearing her pitiful coughs through the monitor and hoping she can continue to sleep to fight off whatever little bugs we are carrying. She HATES getting her nose wiped and my nose is chapped from all the tissues. This weekend we had plans for baby showers, basketball, and errands and instead we watched a few movies and took lots of naps to spare others from these contagious little bugs infiltrating our bodies. Gotta love a house full of sickies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so sad to hear that the lot of you are sick! Nothing is worse than being sick and having to take care of a sick baby! Dallin got a cough this last winter that woke him up night for what seemed like forever. Nothing really seemed to help, but we felt better about having a humidifier going in there during night. I also started keeping a bottle of water in his crib too in case he wanted a drink. Maybe Kyla is too young for that, but just a couple ideas. Get well soon!
I'm so sorry to hear you guys are sick! Movies and naps are the best medicine, I think. Hope you feel better soon!
Oh no! Being sick in the summer is the worst! I am so sorry. Hope you get a lot of rest (well, you probably feel better now because you posted that four days ago!).
Hope baby girl feels HEALTHY!
glad you aren't sick anymore- it was great seeing you guys last night. We need to play!!
Karin
Post a Comment