The answer: BYU actually winning the football game instead of being stomped on by a team not even nationally ranked. I guess that is what I get for walking into that stadium, cocky as all get out, thinking that we were going to kick some serious trash. The worst part: all the TCU fans chanting "over rated" - which is a typical chant from BYU opponents that I just hate, but I had to kind of agree with them this game - which made it even worse.
Despite the game being a major let down, BYU is still my #1 and always will be. And, the game still had many positives:
1) I got a night out with my husband - we both love to watch BYU play football - and there is no one in the world I like to celebrate a good play with more than my own BYU sweetheart (not that there were many plays to celebrate....sad)
2) We ran into some good friends from Dallas that we don't ever get to see enough of (Nathan and Katie, Kyle and Kellie) - we wish they lived closer! Sadly, I didn't get a picture of all of us.
4) Even though I didn't get to sing the BYU fight song, which I love to sing at the top of my voice at home games, I still felt like time had rewound and I was enjoying a good BYU football game just like I did so many times in college - except the weather was much nicer this time.
5) Brandon got to watch Fui Vakapuna play, (Jersey #1 for BYU), who was the first Elder he trained on his mission. They were good friends and Brandon loves to watch him play. He is in the picture below showing the team perform the "Haka" dance (spelling?) - the very front player on the left side of the picture
6 comments:
So fun!!! So sad you lost your voice. Pretty impressive that there were so many BYU fans.
I was actually going to ask you if you went to that game... That was really depressing!! Kind of makes the rest of the season not seem as exciting anymore. But I'm with you, I'm still TRUE BLUE and I still have my huge BYU flag hanging up high in my office. And I'm glad you were able to make it to a BYU game this year even if it was a bummer game!
how fun that you went to that game...but, yes...definitely NOT fun that BYU now gave-up their awesome winning-streak!
It makes sense that you said that 50% of the fans were for BYU, because I kept getting confused on the TV when the crowd would go crazy when BYU scored. Normally, at the games you can tell which team is the home-team because the crowd is in favor of them...but the TCU game was totally equal (at least from listening over the TV! :-)
Good for you guys! I LOVE your hat it is soooo cute!!!! That was the first thing I noticed I am like "oh cute hat!" looks like you guys had fun- It probably felt like you two were dating again...:)
it was too bad they screwed up...its cool you went to the game. I was just in Utah and went to the UNLV /BYU game and as you know, they won. It was a blast.
So I'm coming to town so we must play this time! I want to see your house and the baby!
I'm not a fan of your internet being down.
Post a Comment