After a bath one morning in the middle of December, Kyla was running away from me as I tried to get her dressed. She tripped over the rocking chair while running - hitting her head on the coffee table. I went to pick her up and hold her until she felt better, thinking it was just a regular bump or bruise (the usual, when it comes to this child) - but when I pulled her up, blood was dripping down her face. I am not proud of the fact that I completely freaked out.... it is one thing to pour blood yourself, and a WHOLE different thing to see your baby pouring blood.
After 30 minutes of frantically trying to get a hold of Brandon at work, with Kash crying at the top of his lungs in the next room, and Kyla screaming and kicking at me as I tried to press a wet rag up to her head - I finally got things under control and we headed off for stitches
It was so nice to have Brandon there because even though we had Kyla wrapped like a mummy in a blanket, it still took his entire body weight to hold her down for the shots and stitches. What can I say, the girls' a fighter
The worst part of the ordeal was when Kyla had to get shots to numb up the area for the stitches and I knew what was coming because that is what I remember being the worst part about stitches when I got them at 6 years old. So after she was screaming through the shots and I was trying to hold back tears... she looked at me and said, "Sorry, Mommy, sorry!" And then I just started bawling because she thought she was being punished because she had done something wrong. I just kept telling her over and over again that she wasn't in trouble and that I loved her
Kyla ended up with four stitches and an "owie" that she pointed at for weeks. I knew this was coming, it was only a matter of time with a child like Kyla, but I was still not prepared for it. Seeing your children in pain is probably THE worst thing in the world.
Kyla was such a trooper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So sad! This made ME tear up just reading about it! I am dreading the day Blake needs stitches and/or breaks something. SOOO glad Brandon was able to be there to help!
Oh, poor thing. She is such an adorable little girl and that is so sad that she thought she was getting punished. Weston has only gotten about 10 bloody lips so far, but I'm sure he'll have to have stitches someday as well.
Your post made me teary eyed! There is no way I would have been able to do it alone either. There are just some things that daddies have to do. Last year Patrick feel while I was playing with him, and knocked back his front tooth. It was bleeding so bad and the dentist on the phone told us we had to keep pushing it forward.I was a wreck! I think I made it even worse for him I just bowled and was shaking. I am so glad Trevor was there to be calm and do all the hard work. Although I did see him tear up too, he handled it way better. We moms are just very attatched to our little darlings.
Give Kyla a hug for us. We cried for her.
Poor little baby!! That's the worst to see your little one in pain. I cried when I read that she thought you were punishing her and she kept saying she was sorry. How sweet in a sad little way. We'll be thinking of you guys and hopefully she's already up and running around again! :-)
AWWWWWW!! Poor Kyla! I am absolutely terrified of the day I have kids and they get hurt. I was (oddly) very lucky as a child and never broke anything. I did need stitches when I closed my pinkie in the door in pre-K but I barely remember it. Other than that, nada.
Your baby girl!!
Oh, makes me want to cry just thinking about it.
And because this probably won't be the last time...feel free to drop Kash by my house any time you need to rush to the hospital
;)
Post a Comment