Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cannery

I have been obsessed, yes, that is the right word, with getting my year supply. I think it is because I have wanted to get it forever and once I get started with something I just can't stop. I am lucky to have such a supportive husband who just lets me do what I think is best in this regard. I love that he trusts me. The long-awaited cannery day came this past Friday and it turned out, not only to be hugely successful, but actually a lot of fun as well. I don't know if the lady who was helping us had ever met a group quite like ours. We laughed and chatted the whole time and enjoyed every second of the night. I didn't get home until after midnight and was exhausted when I had to get up with my baby around 6:30. But it was totally worth it! All my sister-in-laws from the area came and we had a great time. Afterwards when we were taking boxes to our car, there were a few big frogs (my husband says they are toads, but they are so cute and "toads" doesn't sound as cute as "frogs") outside and I snapped a picture of one to show my man.

5 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I love that you took a picture of the frog/toad. How funny. I couldn't believe how many of them were right outside the door.

Thanks again for all the organization, etc.

Karin

Shannon said...

Haha! I think that "frog" is adorable! (Although, that probably doesn't surprise you)

jenhatch said...

GOOD for you! I'm on that same kick! But I'm way slower at it then you are.

And I agree with the whole toad and frog thing... but it's the toad's you kiss to get the handsome prince - so that's a point for the cuteness of toads - in my book.

Heather said...

I've been wanting to get some food storage too. Logan's parents started us out a bit for Christmas - which was great! I would still feel better if we had more of a supply. It looked like you girls had a great time!

Ashley said...

You are my example!! Really keep posting all the great things you're doing...it really inspires me.