I know this post is only, like, two weeks late... but it doesn't matter right? I just wanted to give a quick overview of our Memorial Day weekend at "the lake" - which is what we call my in-law's home in Texas. My parent's-in-law were extremely accommodating despite the fact that they had been traveling for a few days to get here from Oregon (driving) and when they showed up at their OWN house they already had THREE of their children there (WITH their entire families = 7 grandchilren) and the house has only three rooms so they insisted that THEY be the ones to sleep on a BLOW up mattress in the laundry room! (Despite my husband's arguments) Do I have good parents-in-law or what? It was crazy, like usual, with all the people. But we had a great time. Here are some pics documenting the trip and thanks to Janet, my sister-in-law, for the pics of the wave runners because it was the only way we got any!! This is a picture taken from the back porch, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL there. I just liked to sit on the porch and read. I read Cold Sassy Tree while I was there.
Our little girl has a cousin only a week younger than her, they already play together and will probably be best friends for the rest of their lives.
Our baby went down for a nap so we had a chance to go out on the lake for over an hour on Monday, just the two of us. Times like this are very rare now, so I can't even explain how wonderful it was for me. We eventually got on separate ones and I splashed him good several times - I am an ANIMAL on the wave runners - which I didn't know, because he usually drives us around. But after convincing me to take my turn at the wheel, I don't know if I will EVER go back!!
I could NOT resist taking this picture where the two biggest loves of my life fell asleep together on the bed for a nap. She is all wrapped up in her daddies arms. These are the precious moments of my life.
9 comments:
It sounds like you had so much fun! I'm glad you and Brandon got to play together like old times. It's a lot harder to do active things together with a baby!
I love that last picture. So cute. Kyla is a doll and I can't get enough of her.
We're excited to try out the lake house with you some time.
Have a great weekend!
Karin
sharee. first off: SO. CUTE.
and i can't believe you hadn't taken control of the wheel before! you're right, you're never going back.
So much fun! You finally got the vacation you were wanting! And, waverunners and lakes are what I call a PERFECT vacation.
Your little one is adorable!
Cute pics Sharee. Wasn't it so much fun this time! I feel bad we will be missing out on the 4th fun. But I'll suffer through in sunny CA. See you Fri.
Sara
The lake looks beautiful. And it sounds like so much fun! I am totally jealous. I haven't been on a wave runner since I was fifteen.
better late then never, for sure. What a fun weekend! Too bad you had to spend it reading Cold Sassy ;) That last picture is just too cute, and I'm glad you and Brandon had some FUN one on one time together!
That last picture is so cute!! So the lady with the baby einstein dvds lives in arizona and her mom lives here in utah. Here is her number 480-612-2511. If she won't ship them from Arizona to you then let me know and I could just pick them up here in SLC you can either pick them up your next visit or I can ship them to you. Let me know. You probably have to act soon though since it is such a good deal and I don't know how many she has.
Your in laws seem very sweet. The pics were just too cute. I can't believe your little girl is bigger every time I turn around.
Post a Comment