Wednesday, June 27, 2012

All about Brandon

In between work ending and school starting, Brandon decided it was the ideal time to grow out his beard and BIC his head... As far as I am concerned, there is NEVER an ideal time for such shenanigans. At church, one of our friends mentioned he looked like the NBA player Tyson Chandler. Pretty scary.

 Unfortunately, his shenanigans did not end there. While playing Tuesday night church basketball, he tore up his hand. When he called to tell me he might have broken it, I was NOT happy. He waited until the morning to go in and see a doctor. The consensus: He had broken several bones in his hand and needed reconstructive surgery. NOT great news when you are on COBRA, about to go back to school, with no income, and we were trying to get our house ready for sale - since he is right handed. His surgery was set for the following day. He could not take Ibuprofen for the pain due to the upcoming surgery, so he had to sleep with a completely broken hand swelling like crazy and could only take Tylenol. It was a very rough night.
He ended up with a metal plate in his hand and a pin in his pinkie finger. This was right in the middle of crunch time when we had to move everything out of our closets, clean everything, and paint a good portion of our house to get ready to put it on the market. Brandon did far more work than he should have. But we didn't have any other choice. Luckily, his sister, Monique, and her husband, Josh swooped in to the rescue... again. They are always being angels right when we need them. Josh did a HUGE portion of the painting we had to get done. He did it all in one day and he did an amazing job. Apparently, that is what he used to do for a job, years back. Who knew? We are so lucky to have such amazing family who are so willing to serve.

1 comment:

MyPremierDesigns said...

Holy cow sharee...did I know brandon broke his hand??? did I miss that detail???I can NOT you guys survived that!!!! right in the middle of all that chaos!!and I couldn't stop laughing about the beard and no hair...ok I am still laughing...