I love this statue. I love how strong Joseph and Hyrum's bond was. I think the Lord gave Joseph a wonderful brother like Hyrum so that he could make it through the many hardships he had to face in his life.
My sweet baby - she was SO good, the entire trip. I am so lucky.
My two favorite plaques in front of Carthage Jail
I can never really get enough...
Carthage Jail
The famous well, or recreated well, anyway
This is the room where Joseph and Hyrum were killed. I did not realize that they were not in the jail cell when they were attacked. The family who kept the jail were friends with the men and let them stay in their bedroom during the day so that they would be more comfortable. They were killed in the jailer's bedroom.
The window Joseph fell from
For some reason, all of the subsequent owners of Carthage Jail kept the original door of the bedroom, despite the two bullet holes in it.
I really loved visiting Carthage. It was hard when the missionaries were trying to share their stories and have "moments" and we were frantically trying to get Kyla and Kash to sit still and be quiet so that they did not disturb the moment for everyone else - but I was still given my own special moments, despite the chaos of the kids.
2 comments:
These posts make me want to go back to Nauvoo. Favorite family trip of mine but I agree - wish we could have gone through the templ.e
You are really good at documenting trips!!
Post a Comment