This year I had one of my best birthdays EVER. Brandon was finished with school and we were just enjoying our time before his internship so he made a whole day of it!
He started out with breakfast in bed and a birthday agenda. Next... we ran errands! Not a big deal right?? Except Brandon HATES running errands and I LOVE running errands as a family (is that so weird?). We went to two or three stores. He did not even complain once. It was perfect.
We picked up bagels, lunch meat, cheese, and Powerade and headed to Bridal Veil to have a picnic and hike up to the falls.
The kids found a hill to slide down and ruin their clothes on... perfect
My little sweet pea
Kash fell almost all of the way into the freezing water... twice. I was glad it washed some of the dirt off him.
Later in the evening Brandon had a babysitter come and watch Kyla and Kash. We went to Kneaders for dinner. Just going out to a quiet dinner is such a luxury these days. We also decided to stop by a dealership and check out some cars we might be interested in someday - something that is impossible to do with the little hoodlums.
We finished off the evening with Coldstone ice cream and a movie - after the kids went to bed. It was so perfect.
By best friend from California, Becca, sent me these BEAUTIFUL flowers. They also came with a perfect vase (I did not have even ONE vase before this!) I left them on my kitchen table for weeks. Even once they started to die, I held on for a while longer because they made me so happy. How sweet is that?
3 comments:
That does sound like a perfect birthday! I like to run errands as a family as well. Logan hates it - ha ha must be a guy thing. He feels like he's wasting his day. Kneaders is my favorite!!
hey girl you are going to be 30 in 5 months!!!! lol I am so glad it was a good birthday looks like you guys had so fun!!!Good job Brandon!!!
Such a fun birthday, and such fun pictures!
Post a Comment