Friday, July 20, 2012

Liberty, MO

We did the Independence and Liberty sites on the same night. I could have sat and read the history for hours. Unfortunately, three little kids makes that quite impossible, although Brandon did his best to give me as much time as was feasible. I really loved visiting Liberty Jail, the "Prison Temple"

Kyla and Kash were fascinated by the statues. Especially the one depicting Caleb Baldwin (I think) who was very sick during his stay in Liberty jail. He is depicted slumped against the wall and Kyla and Kash were sure he was dead

We stayed at a Comfort Suites hotel in Liberty, MO that night. We were very impressed with the size and cleanliness. It was a great price and we were very happy with it. The kids did not care at all about the sites. Their true love is hotels. They ask all day long when we will go to the hotel. I do not get it. Just a couple beds, lamps, and tables. But once we get there, it is darn near impossible to get the kids in bed. They are just giddy with the happiness of being in a hotel.

Was I really snapping pictures while my baby chewed on Kash's shoe? Nice.

No comments: