Monday, July 2, 2012

Soccer Girl!... Or not...


Kyla was still too young this past year to put her in a city soccer league. I've always had this dream that Kyla would be a soccer girl. Probably because most of my sisters were soccer girls and I did just about every sport, but soccer. I have always wished that I had played. It is such good exercise! Also, I always loved watching my sisters and brother play.
Luckily, the best thing about being at BYU for Brandon's MBA (for ME anyway) is the amazing spouse's association that I am part of. It is called MBASA (say it: "mmmm" BASA). There are activities for the kids, for the family, and just for me. We do things with MBASA a few times a week. I have met so many other wonderful moms and have learned so many new things. One of the activities they did was a kids soccer team. I was so excited and signed Kyla right up. I just knew she would be a star. So we got her shin guards (I had already collected cleats and a soccer ball in the past few years... you can see I was planning ahead).
This is right before heading off to her first "practice/game"
She was nervous, but saw her friends Sadie and Sienna so she went out and "stretched"... 
and ran a little lap around the field.... and THEN
completely and utterly refused to play. She just wanted to sit on my 9 month pregnant lap, bury her head in my shoulder, and cry every once in a while for the entire hour of practice... while 2 year old Kash kept running on the field to play. It was a disaster.  I guess that is what happens when you think you can plan your children's hobbies for them. It is not like I was trying to live vicariously through Kyla, right? Good thing all the soccer gear was gender-neutral because Kash will be playing this fall! I hope this time around things go better.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Sharee!!!! This makes me so happy that you are updating your blog! I love reading every word and laughing out loud at your beautiful family. I miss you like crazy! I hope everything is going well in Ohio!

Love your sis :)
Alisha

MyPremierDesigns said...

This is exactly how it usually ends up for me...I have been debating on whether to put her in dance for this same reason!