Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ky-Bear

Kyla keeps me on my toes. I will never forget the time I made a phone call for church and by the time I got off, she had found the super glue and had glue all over her clothes, her hands, and even her face. I am lucky it was not worse. I can think of a million things she has done, like this.

Here are a couple of them that I documented with pictures this past year. In Texas, she covered Kash's hair in Cetephil. Unfortunately, Kyla has a very WILLING participant in all her antics.
I washed his hair with ADULT shampoo about 5 times that day, and it still took a week of baths to come out completely. 
She shimmied up on my sink and somehow got the nail polish, which I had put up VERY high. She painted her own nails and toe-nails. And only ruined ONE shirt. Lovely.
First day of Sunbeams. How is she growing up on me??
This is the park day that she discovered worms. She loves them. The other day on our way to the gym, I turned around after putting the baby in the car to see her holding my water bottle, and a worm... I had to not think about it when I was using my water bottle at the gym. Anyway, I told her the worm could NOT come in the car with us and had to be put back. She started crying because if she put the worm, Mowglie (yes, she had already named it), back, then it would get eaten by a bird. I mean, there were tears, literally. She was distraught. I told her if she put it deep in the dirt, the birds would not find it. So she did. She continued crying in the car. I asked her what was wrong, she said that since the worm was in the dirt, it would grow into a snake and BITE her! HA! I assured her that would not happen. She cracks me up.


In October, Kyla was getting her shoes out of this trunk we have acquired and she shut her finger in the heavy lid. It was SO SAD. Luckily Brandon was there and rushed her to BYU's instant care. They were about to close, but stayed open for us (good thing, it only cost $15 this way!). Unfortunately, they did NOT numb the wound, they just sewed her straight up. Poor thing. She was scared to death of doctors for several months after that, which was not good because we were seeing doctors A LOT at that time due to her seizures. Of course, she was up and going like crazy in no time. Nothing stops this girl.

Kyla LOVES to read. We were at my brothers house and all the cousins were playing and I found her in my brothers office like this with a pile of books:
Brandon regularly builds forts for the kids (because he is THAT awesome) - Kyla loves it

My little princess
Kyla's hair is kinda thin and wavy. Not a great combination. She wore her hair in pig-tails basically every day for the first four years of her life. I decided to chop it to help thicken it up. It worked great and she could even wear her hair down sometimes.
Kyla really has given me a run for my money. Not because she is bad, she is just EXTREMELY curious. She reminds me of Curious George. She wants to get into everything, herself, without asking for help. Unfortunately, with the curiosity, she was blessed with an amazing ability to figure out HOW to do it. She climbs like a monkey AND has NO FEAR. This is another dangerous combination. She has caused more than her share of mishaps and has received more than her share of injuries. At the same time, she is the sweetest, kindest little girl. She loves people and has always been good at sharing and playing with other kids. She is a peace maker with Kash (most of the time) and super sweet and a big help with Makaida. She is a wonderful big sister and I am SO happy she is my oldest daughter. Less than 7 more years until I have a baby sitter!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Kyla sounds just like my Zach, I always say he is the first one to apologize bbut he is also probably the one who hit you!