Having a little boy has been so much fun! He has definitely been a lot different from his older sister. These first pictures are older ones from Texas, before he turned 2.
He loved phones
He is much more interested in basketball than Kyla - thank goodness, what would Daddy do?
Rockin' the aviators
How can you NOT think high heels are cool? Until you have to wear them for long periods of time, I mean.
Kash loved his blankets. This was so different for me because Kyla never established any special attachment to hers. Kash carried them everywhere and loved to stick them over his face to smell them. It was pretty crazy, but mostly just super cute.
This kid also loves shoes. First thing in the morning, he would want to put shoes on. When he got his boots, he wanted to wear them every day. It was very hot in Texas, so I eventually had to resort to hiding the boots.
Notice blanket and boots - Oh, and Kyla's pink sunglasses...
Kyla and Kash really enjoy sneaking into my high heels. I remember doing the same thing as a kid. There is just something magical about Mommy's high heels.
Don't forget sword fighting with Daddy!
He enjoys stacking blocks
And sitting in the laundry basket - this gets annoying because he always dumps all my clothes out onto the floor
He has an extremely cute pouty face
And a darling happy face
After having to beg and plead to get most pictures out of Kyla, having Kash love the camera has been a huge relief
I just thought it was cute that he put his underwear on backwards
I was not ready to potty train Kash. But, after spending time at my parent's house and having him ask to use the toilet a number of times, I thought maybe I should try. After four accidents in one day, I was DONE. He was not even 2 and a half yet, and I was just fine to change two sets of diapers if it meant not cleaning up accidents with a new baby around. After we went to Oregon, when he was about 2 and a half, and he went in the potty almost the entire week, I still was NOT going to potty train him. I was stubbornly refusing. We got home and he continued to use the potty. I continued to put him back in diapers. Finally, Brandon insisted we give him super-hero underwear. I relented. He has been potty trained ever since. Who knows where this kid came from?
Counting monies!
For some reason, Kash wanted to EAT the marker? Why?
I regularly lay out Kyla and Kash's clothes and tell them to please get dressed. One day, Kash came down wearing Kyla's shirt. He had assumed it was his because it was blue. Anything pink is Kyla's and anything blue is his, right?
He loves to wear basketball shorts like his dad
Kash is MUCH less devious than Kyla, try 10 times less, but every once in a while he has his moments. He tried to sneak into my smoothie, which was defrosting in the fridge. He was not prepared for the still-frozen lump in the glass that made him lose control of the cup and the whole thing poured right out onto his face. He was pretty upset.
Although Kash is much less devious than Kyla, he is much more physical. I suppose it is a boy thing. I have to watch him like a hawk around other little kids. I was not prepared for him to throw this curve ball at me. Kyla never hit or bit, so when Kash became a hitting, biting machine, I was completely at a loss! No one wants to hear from the nursery leader that their kid just bit another kid! Learning to deal with a more aggressive child has been a long, long road. We are still on the journey. Most of the time, I have NO idea what to do. Luckily as he gets older, things get better, just like they did with Kyla. On the other hand, Kash is my cuddliest child. He gives me hugs and kisses all the time. He absolutely adores Kyla. He wants to do everything just like her. He loves super heroes and talks really well. He loves to help me around the house and is really good, for the most part, at picking up his toys. He is so, so sweet to me, his mother. I just love this little boy and his cute giggle.
P.S. I am seriously embarrassed that their was a whole era where all of Kash's picture show him in only a diaper. The kid had just learned to take his clothes off and keeping clothes on him was just a fight I was not willing to take on. He grew out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment